Parent & Staff Involvement
We’re striving to attain the next level of excellence at Frontier Valley and would love for you to be a part of it! Your input is vital to the success of Frontier Valley’s goals ~ the commitment is only 2 hours a month!
The stated purpose of the School Accountability Committee (SAC) is to inform, encourage, and to provide opportunities for parents and the school community to be involved in the planning and evaluation of the school’s instructional program and quality improvement programs.
Requirements – A desire to make Frontier Valley not just a great school, but an excellent school! Do not hesitate to get involved – this is not a huge commitment, but you can make a huge impact in the further development of a great school for your kids!
This is your forum for discussion, and improvement, as well as a time for teachers, staff, administration and parents to look at ideas for making this school the best it can be. Don’t let others make these decisions for you – be there!
If you have questions or concerns please contact Michaela Boyd. You are welcomed and encouraged to attend any meetings throughout the school year.
School Advisory Councils Created by state statue in the 1970’s, these committees are comprised of parents, teachers, administrators, students, and community members. The focus of this committee is to inform, encourage, and provide opportunities for all stakeholders to be involved in the planning and evaluation of the school’s instructional program and quality improvement processes. School Advisory Councils, now known as School Accountability Committees (SAC) should:
- Represent the community point of view
- Make recommendations and/or give advice to the principal
- Focus on needs and concerns of the school’s community
- Review various components of the school program
- Designate a representative to the District Advisory Committee
- Adopt by-laws consistent with the District’s organizational guidelines
- Conduct a regular needs assessments/survey for the formulation of school improvement goals
- Cooperatively develop areas of study based upon school baseline data and school profile information
- Help in the development and implementation of the school improvement plan
- Serve to facilitate the communications to the community and to the District Advisory Committee
- Meet other requirements as indicated in state law
- Meet on a quarterly basis at a time when the majority of all members of the community can attend
- Open its meetings to the public, and publish the time, date and location of the meetings
SAC Board Members
|Noelle Allison||Vice Chairemail@example.com|
|Lisa Olsen||Parent Group Representative (FVEA)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lori Marten||Community Representativeemail@example.com|
|Jon Held||Parent Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Darci Harvey||Parent Representativeemail@example.com|
|Jennifer Hensley||Teacher Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
2019- 2020 Meeting Dates
|August 13, 2019 | 5:00-6:00||View Agenda||See Minutes|
|September 19, 2019 | 6:00-7:30pm SAC Regional Training: Legend High School||View Agenda||See Slides|
|January 21, 2020 | 5:00-6:00||View Agenda||See Minutes|
|Feb 18, 2020 | 5:00-6:00||View Agenda||See Minutes|
|March 24, 2020 I 5:00-6:00||View Agenda||See Minutes|
|April 21, 2020 | 5:00-6:00 | SAC Feeder @ Pioneer Elementary||View Agenda||See Minutes|
|April 28, 2020 I 5:00-6:00||View Agenda||See Minutes|
|May 19, 2020 | 5:00-6:00||View Agenda||See Minutes|